Definitions: For the purpose of this agreement ‘The Customer’ means the person, firm or organisation by or on behalf of whom this agreement is signed.
‘the Lessor’ means Laser Van Rentals.
‘Authorised Drive’ means the driver(s) additional to the Customer approved and entered overleaf by the Lessor.
‘Period of Hire’ means the period from the date and time out stated overleaf until the re-delivery of the vehicle into the physical custody of the lessor.
The Customer will ensure that any Authorised Driver will comply with all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- The Lessor agrees to rent and the Customer agrees to take the vehicle described above on the terms and conditions as set out in this
- The Customer undertakes to return the vehicle with all tyres, tools, radio and other accessories in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear expected, to the place on the date set down
- The Customer undertakes to ensure that the correct tyre pressures, engine oil battery fluid, screen wash, coolant and transmission oil levels are maintained throughout the period of the
- The Customer will pay the Lessor on demand all charges due detailed overleaf, together with any additional charges incurred such as: extended rentals, fuel, mileage charges, loss or damage not covered by insurance, penalties, fines or court costs incurred during the term of rental (save when caused by the fault of Laser), debt collection and legal fees on an indemnity basis where
- If at completion on this agreement, the Customer has complied with all the terms and conditions stipulated in this agreement, then but not otherwise and subject to condition 6 below, responsibility for the loss or damage to the vehicle or its accessories is:
- Notwithstanding condition 5 above the Customer shall be liable for and shall indemnify the Lessor against any loss or damage to the vehicle or its accessories as a result of theft occurring when the Customer has left the keys in or with the
- For Customers who do not arrange their own insurance the vehicle is covered by the Lessor’s Insurance Policy (including passengers) a copy of which may be inspected during normal business hours at the Head Office of the Lessor. It is specifically accepted by the Customer and any other person claiming indemnity under the aforementioned policy of insurance that it is only operative in relation to the law and jurisdiction of the Courts of the United Kingdom and/or the Continent of Europe when the cover has been extended. The Customer on behalf of himself and any Authorised Driver agrees to comply with and be bound by all terms of such policy which are hereby incorporated by reference to this agreement. It is a requirement of the policy that every accident no matter how minor, involving the vehicle be reported at once to the nearest branch of the Lessor and that an accident report form will be completed within 24
The Customer or any Authorised Driver will:
- Obtain the names and addresses of witnesses if
- Make no admission of
- Deliver to the nearest branch of the Lessor all summonses, writs and documents
- Not aid or abet any claimant but co-operate fully with the Lessor and the insurance company in the investigation and the defence of any
- The Customer will at the request of the Lessor do all required by the Lessor and permit his name to be used by the Lessor for enforcing any rights or remedies against any persons in connection with the
- The Customer or any Authorised Driver of the vehicle will in no way be deemed to be an agent, servant or employee of the
- The vehicle will not be used:
- For the carriage of passengers or property for hire or
- For racing, pacemaking, reliability trials, speed testing or driving instruction.
- To propel or tow any other vehicle or
- In violation of the provision of any act, order or regulation affecting the use, loading or condition of the vehicle or for any illegal
- Outside Great Britain without the express agreement in writing of the Lessor
- The vehicle will not be driven by any person:
- Other than the Customer or an Authorised
- Who is under the age of 21 or over the age of 75.
- Who has not held a valid driving licence for a maximum period of 12
- Who is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics or
- Who has been convicted of a motoring offence the details of which have not been disclosed in writing to the Lessor at the commencement of the
- (a) In accordance with the Road Traffic Offender Act 1988 part III as amended by the Parking Act 1989, the Customer shall be liable as the owner of the vehicle in respect of any fixed penalty offence listed in the said Schedule I and in respect of that vehicle and when a fixed penalty notice is
(b) In accordance with the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 Sections 107 – 109 the Customer shall be liable as the owner of the vehicle in respect of any excess charge which may be incurred in pursuance of an order under Sections 45 and 46 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (deignation of paying parking places on highways).
- The Customer will immediately inform the Lessor of fault in the vehicle and will not use the vehicle whilst it is in an unroadworthy condition.
- The Lessor accepts no responsibility for delays and/or consequential losses from breakdown or from other
- The Lessor will not waive any of its rights under this agreement except in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the
- If for any reason the vehicle described, or any other vehicle from time to time being the subject matter of the agreement shall become unroadworthy for whatsoever reason, the Lessor shall have the right at its discretion and not otherwise, to replace the vehicle with an alternative vehicle of similar seating capacity and performance, but if no such alternative is available or if the Lessor shall decline to provide an alternative vehicle, then there shall be credited to the Customer such portion of any hire charges paid by him as represents the unexpired portion of the hire period, but he shall have no other claim of any kind whatsoever against the
- Customers Own Comprehensive Insurance Cover. The renter undertakes to ensure that sufficient comprehensive insurance is maintained covering the rented van and claims of third parties, and certify that such insurance shall for the purpose of the Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Regulation 1987 substituted the policy of insurance between van and their said insurers and that they have no insurance liability to the renter or third
- Repairs are not to be undertaken unless authorised by the
- If the Customer does not comply with any of these conditions he shall return the vehicle to the Lessor immediately and pay to the Lessor on demand any loss it suffers in respect of the Customer’s non-compliance, failing which the Lessor shall be at liability to retake possession of the vehicle and all costs and expenses incidetal to recovery of the vehicle shall be repaid by the Customer to the Lessor on
- The period of hire as specified overleaf shall not be extended without the Lessors express and authorisation in writing and in any event the period of this Agreement shall not exceed 90